The Principal Standard proposed that principals inspire and motivate children and young people, staff and the school community and its partners. Integral to inspiring others are vision and values, which are key tenets of Educational Leadership Frameworks across Australia. Meanwhile, the role of the principal has swelled to include a staggering array of professional tasks and competencies.
In this workshop, you will explore personal and relational leadership strategies to inspire others and facilitate action that delivers optimal results across your school community. It is designed to provide new and emerging leaders with a portfolio of ideas and strategies. You will use tools to help you implement these strategies using your own leadership style in the context of your school, staff and community stakeholders. Topics covered include:
- Inspiration in an educational leadership context
- Processes for co-creating shared vision
- Building optimism and resilience
- Using powerful language to connect with others
- Creating an environment of high expectations